DEMA Show is the only international trade-only event for the diving, action water sports and travel industries. Mark your calendars and join the thousands of dive industry professionals at DEMA Show 2017, November 1-4 in Orlando, FL.
DEMA Show is produced by DEMA, The Diving Equipment & Marketing Association.
The Diving Equipment & Marketing Association (DEMA) is the non-profit trade association for the recreational scuba diving Industry. DEMA’s mission is Bringing Businesses Together to Grow the Diving Industry Worldwide. DEMA has Members in five different industry stakeholder categories as well as associated members (businesses whose income is not primarily derived from doing business in the diving industry), including:
- Manufacturers, Distributors and Sales Representatives of Dive Equipment Manufacturers or Distributors
- Diver Certification and Training Agencies, and Field/Sales Representatives of Training Organizations
- Dive Publishing, Media, Dive Industry Consulting, Associations & Non-Retail Service Providers
- Retail Distribution of Diving Goods & Services
- Dive Travel or Resorts
- Associate Member
DEMA has conducted extensive marketing research to understand the optimal active diver with the goal of obtaining similar new customers. Most current ACTIVE divers are in the age range of 38 to 53, affluent, willing and able to travel to dive and make equipment and travel purchases. However, DEMA also understands the need for bringing in younger, less affluent customers to grow the industry for the future, and in the current worldwide economic situation, understands the potential growth of recreational diving as one aspect of stay-close-to-home vacations and weekend activities. Both travel and local diving are critical to the growth of the sport.
DEMA currently has advertising and demographic/psychographic marketing programs exclusively for the use of its members. DEMA also has access to a sophisticated demographic analysis system provided by Pitney Bowes.
DEMA Show 2017 Educational Program:
Below is a list of suggested topics. Speakers are welcome to present topics not on the list but topics listed may be given priority consideration.
- Art of Making the Sale
- Budget Planning
- Building Your Customer Community
- Campaign Evaluation
- Creating Goals and Measuring Success on a Social Media Platform
- Customer Collaboration: Making Your Customers Work for You
- Customer Service
- Employee Evaluation
- Event Planning, Operations and Follow Up
- Financial Management
- Funding Sources
- Hiring and Firing
- How to Use One or More Social Media Platforms in the Diving Industry
- Inventory Management
- Lead Generation
- Loyalty Programs
- Managing Full and/or Part Time Staff
- Operations: Optimizing Your Resources (employees, finances, store)
- Planning for the Future
- How to Develop Pricing Options
- Sales Tactics
- Using Big Data to Benefit Your Business
- Other Topics